Friday 17 December 2010

Puppies and drenching cows

Last night we brought home our 2 puppies.  They were both bred by my mum and step-father and have gorgeous natures and are loads of fun.....once I worked out a bit of a system!!!

This morning after Fraser and I had got up, read stories, got dressed etc, I let them out of the laundry where they'd slept the night, in case they tried to escape.  Fraser couldn't believe his eyes and choas then ensued!!  Fraser spent the next hour following them around saying "puppy, puppy", with me following all 3 of them around with a bucket of dettol.... I won't enlarge, but needless to say I happy that a) we'd just pulled the carpet up and b) the new carpet in the hallway hasn't gone down yet.....  The following hour was spent in the garden with puppies and toddler each following the other around depending upon which toy was in play at the current time.  A stick and ball for Fraser and a ball in a sock for the puppies.  At noon they all went to sleep and I collapsed on the chair outside to gather strength. 



Mike came home about 12.30pm having done the early shift (4.30am start!!!), the puppies woke up enough to have their tummies scratched and then went back to sleep!  He'd been drenching young cows this morning and proudly announced that his rugby skills had come in useful!  He had cow hair all over his trousers and I also was given sight of some teeth marks he'd been given whilst man handling the cows to poke a tube down their neck to give them the drench.  I used to help Geoff do this when I was a teenager and was never strong enough or big enough to be at all successful - the majority of the drench ending up all over me or the cow, so I think Mike's well and truly passed Drenching 101.

Fraser and puppies woke at 2pm but unfortunately it started raining so it was all inside for a few hours where all parties learnt about putting Brio train sets together.....tomorrow is another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment