Thursday 7 April 2011

Working Girl

Ah, it's back to the daily commute.  But wait!  No it's not quite.....  Last Tuesday I started my new job at Sealite (http://www.sealite.com.au/).  But it's part time (a long weekend every weekend!), only 9 - 5 (I can see the sun!), 10 minutes from home and there's no Blackberry!!

It's weird not having proper responsibility and weird to go home Thursday night knowing I won't see responses to my emails for 4 days.  But nice to have a long weekend.... :-)

We all said a very tearful goodbye to Sally and David last Monday (28th March).  We had a fabulous time with them here and tried to convince them to stay longer!  The garden is now looking a 1000 times better thanks to all David's work and the house is now looking shambolic again without Sally's help!  But we still have Sally's home cooked meals in the freezer for frantic, unplanned evening meals in the coming weeks (guaranteed!)


I feel as though I've got to know the Peninsula better, plus a bit of the Yarra Valley with the touring about we did - Flinders, Pt Leo and Yering Station in the Yarra Valley being some of the favourite places we visited.  Sandy Point was also fabulous - thanks Judith and Julian!  The beach there is superb, but don't tell anyone about it....

Last Saturday we bowed to Community Advertising pressure and attended the Tooradin Truck and Tractor Pull (not my idea!!!!).  Wow, what a display of interesting people shall we say.  Some interesting haircuts, outfits and girth sizes.....  Shiny trucks for Fraser to see and er, not much else.  We were too early for the "Pulling" and the motorcross stunt man had a crash on the first jump!!  But Fraser saw a helicopter which looked alot like Harold the Helicopter (Thomas the Tank Engine's friend - don't you know!!!), so that was a highlight for a small boy.

Tomorrow Fraser and I are going to visit Olivia, Stuart, Claudia and Alexander for the (long!!!) weekend.  Fraser is very excited about going on a plane.

and.... I've just written a snooty letter to "Civic Compliance Victoria" telling them that I won't be paying my latest speeding fine (the third one!!) until they sort out the "hoon drivers" - young people who zoom about making lots of noise and screeching tyres (do I sound old??)  Anyone care to rate my chances of getting off???  I'm going for 6 out of 10.....

No comments:

Post a Comment