Tuesday 19 April 2011

Down on the beach....at Frankston!!

Quelle horreur!  Fraser and I went to the beach at Frankston yesterday morning whilst Mike did a few errands around town.  Rowena doesn't recommend Frankston as a place to visit, so we've been avoiding it, thinking the beach would be full of people with tattoos and too small bikinis with guns in their pants.  But we found none of those, just a huge, sandy beach in pristine condition with a few nice people walking dogs.  So we built a sandcastle, dug a moat, jumped on our creation and then paddled in the sea, getting very wet and generally having a great time.

We spent the afternoon gardening, pulling up ivy and a horrible plant against the fence which annoyed me everytime I looked at it.  Since it's no longer there, now the gap where it was is annoying me as I am yet to purchase the gap filling plant....

Fraser has decided that eating is extremely boring and interferes with his games.  So I've given up wrestling with him to get him to eat and so tonight he ate about 4 spoonfuls of spag bol and about 150mls of milk and that's it!  I hope he doesn't fade away :-D  His favourite game is "rackets" which involves hitting a ball to you and you back to him.  He's getting quite good at hitting it and yesterday whipped a ball past me at a pace which made me glad his aim is still somewhat wayward.

Cars are also the new thing and they're all lined up and whizzed around the kitchen floor for a good part of the time I'm in there cooking dinner.  Talking of cooking we've also been making muffins together which he LOVES doing.  I've also had him up on the stool when I'm using the beaters and his eyes nearly pop out watching it go around and around with no place to go.

Mike's also embarking on new things.  Last week he purchased a home brew kit and we now have a large drum of yeasty stuff popping away on the kitchen bench - I am told it will be bottled in a few days and that it smells great.  I am sure that it just a ploy to get into my kitchen!!  Mike's out at his "Album Club" tonight with Rupert - they're listening to one of Led Zepplin's albums.  Mike's hoping that he will be convinced of the beauty of LZ as he's not been converted in during his preparation time.... despite owning ALL their albums!!
Mike's just called and said that Rupert has written a whole blog on his construction of a Tandoori oven!  Cool, we're doing a pizza oven next..... watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment