Tuesday 4 January 2011

What we've been up to recently

New Year's Eve was a little low key for us this year, but we did have a lovely afternoon at the beach (see boyz in kit armed with shovels below - I maybe in trouble for uploading this photo, but I think you can see Mike's farm physique don't you?), followed by a lovely dinner under the stars at Rowena's caravan camping site, about 2 minutes walk from the beach.  I made cup cakes for pudding just to prove that I still had the ability to bake without making rock cakes....  They were pretty good - but I did use one of mum's recipes...., not sure I'll go back to Foodie's.....

Next New Year's Eve everyone's invited to Pearcedale for a party.




On Sunday we caught the steam train from Moorooduc (put that in Google Maps!) to Mornington and back again.  I now understand the speed the trains were travelling at in the Westerns and why a galloping horse could keep up with them whilst the rider did unlikely stunts.  But we all had a great time and Fraser still hasn't stopped talking about trains.



The puppies are growing up really quickly and have settled into life with us really well. Max has decided a collar is for lesser dogs though and runs off and hides anytime I put it on him.  So I've given that idea up and he just has it on for walks - which he seems to love.  Very odd.  Tessa however, is very bright and nothing phases her at all, she has also found a way to hitch a ride. 




Fraser adores the puppies and talks about them when he's taking a break from trains. This is a "puppy hug" - around the throat.  Tessa has developed a good "help me" look when this happens, but she is mad enough to come back for more.



Today Fraser and I went to Cranbourne for the day (it's a bit like Croydon) whilst Mike's ute was fixed.  We found a Rotary sponsored park which had a brilliant playground (yay for international secret handshake organisations) and Judy joined us for most of the day.  It was marvellous to see her and we had a good catch up in between entertaining Fraser!  Tomorrow we'll be in the garden in the sunshine!!! Ahhhh.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment